Our Big Bend Hospice AmeriCorps Program allows Volunteers to spend time with local Veterans and give their loved ones much-needed support!
Big Bend Hospice’s Legacy Corp program offers caregiver support services to Veterans and military members of our Hospice patients-families and Transition clients. Volunteer members provide support services in an effort to decrease caregiver burden and stress.
Member Volunteers Benefits
- A MONTHLY stipend of $175
- An Education Award of $1,678 upon successful completion of the year of service
- Extensive training & professional development
- Loan Forbearance (with paid interest)
- Members 55 and up can pass on their education award to a family member!
- Must be 18+ y/o and a US Citizen, National or Legal Resident
- Requires a 1-year commitment (Sept-Aug) of 8-12 hours a week (450 total).
- Must pass 2 background screenings & 2-step TB Test
- Must have reliable transportation & proof of insurance; personal cell phone
Want to learn more?
Fill out our BBH AmeriCorps Volunteer Interest Form!
Please submit copies of the following documents along with your completed AmeriCorps application:
- Driver’s License/State Issued ID
- Birth Certificate, or US PASSPORT, or LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN CARD
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, or GED, or COLLEGE DEGREE, or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA VOUCHER, if any are complete
- Social Security Card
- Auto Insurance
- Driving Record (this document can be obtained through the DMV)