Our Big Bend Hospice AmeriCorps Program allows Volunteers to spend time with local Veterans and give their loved ones much-needed support!
Big Bend Hospice’s Legacy Corp program offers caregiver support services to Veterans and military members of our Hospice patients-families and Transition clients. Volunteer members provide support services in an effort to decrease caregiver burden and stress.
Member Volunteers Benefits
- A MONTHLY stipend of $150
- An Education Award of $1,638 upon successful completion of the year of service
- Extensive training & professional development
- Loan Forbearance (with paid interest)
- Members 55 and up can pass on their education award to a family member!
- Must be 18+ y/o and a US Citizen, National or Legal Resident
- Requires a 1 year commitment (Sept-Aug) of 8-12 hours a week (450 total).
- Must pass 2 background screenings & 2-step TB Test
- Must have reliable transportation & proof of insurance; personal cell phone