Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House
Inpatient Care at Big Bend Hospice
Big Bend Hospice provides care to our patients wherever they call home. However, sometimes extra help is needed with pain and symptom management. Sometimes caregivers need a break, respite time. Occasionally, families facing a terminal diagnosis of a loved one may need somewhere for their loved one to be taken care of while they make new living arrangements.
Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House FAQ
Learn About our Levels of Care
As the only hospice inpatient unit in the area, The Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House provides 24-hour care in a homelike setting. Our twelve (12)-room facility offers patients and their family’s privacy and comfort while continuing to provide access to a full interdisciplinary team including:
- Hospice and palliative-trained Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, APRNs, and Certified Nursing Assistance
- Spiritual Counselors (including a Reflection Room for prayer and meditation)
- Social Workers and Family Support Counselors
- Trained Volunteers
- Music Therapists
- Animal Therapists
Additional Services include:
- Meals prepared by our onsite chef
- Televisions and Wi-Fi in each room
- Medication and equipment related to the terminal illness
- Trained Advanced Care Facilitators (Five Wishes)
- A common area and beautiful garden areas for families to gather
Who pays for the extra services at the Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House?
Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most insurance companies. This includes medications, durable medical equipment, and most services related to the patient’s primary diagnosis. Medicare benefits will also cover up to (5) days of respite care if approved by your hospice interdisciplinary team and families may pay out of pocket for respite care f this becomes important, and space allows. Usually there are no additional charges or co-payments billed to the patient. If charges do occur, such as room and board at the hospice house, thanks to the Big Bend Hospice Foundation and the generous support from our community – no patient is ever refused based on ability to pay.
Make a Referral
If you or someone you know could benefit from Big Bend Hospice, fill out the below form and a representative will reach out to you. You may also call (850) 878-5310 to speak with our admissions department.