Healthcare Provider Resources
Quick Links for Referring Physicians
- Stroke and Coma
- Pulmonary Disease
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
- FAST Scale
- PPS Scale
- Discussing Hospice
- Big Bend Hospice Service Area
Please remember to dial the area code even when calling local.
How can Hospice assist you in caring for your patients?
- Assist Physician in having difficult conversations with patients and families regarding transitioning from curative care to palliative care.
- Big Bend Hospice Physicians are available for Medical Team consults.
- Hospice pays for medications related to hospice diagnosis and comfort care, easing the financial burden to patients and families.
- Decrease hospital admissions, length of stay in hospitals, and 30-day readmissions.
- Assist with discharge planning from hospital to home/facility.
- Reduce the number of physician phone calls by providing a 24-hour phone number for patient and family support.
- Provide DME including/but not limited to O2, hospital bed, wheelchair, walker, at NO cost to patient or family.
- Provide medication management, including narcotics, to patients for symptom management.
- Improve caregiver outcomes and patient/family satisfaction.
- Prevent unnecessary and expensive treatment of a patient at end of life.