- This event has passed.
Third Annual Re-envisioning Elder Care Conference
September 9 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Save the Date for the Third Annual Re-envisioning Elder Care Conference to be held on September 9, 2022, by the Florida Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Programs at Florida State and Nova Southeastern Universities.
This third annual joint conference will explore a number of timely issues impacting the care of older adults. Discussions will focus on topics ranging from strengthening the eldercare workforce, newer financing initiatives to supplement Medicare, ensuring diversity and equity in long-term care, and a review of the newly released report on “National Imperative to Improve Nursing Home Quality.”
Topics this year will include:
- Update on Geriatric Depression with Dr. Mridul Mazumder of Florida State University
- Systemic Racism in Long-Term Care: Steps for Policy and Action with Dr. Tetyana Shippee of the University of Minnesota
- Recognizing Burnout in the Caregivers of Dementia Patients with Dr. Gregory James of Optum, Home & Community and Dr. Nicholas James of the Orlando VA Healthcare System
- Optimal Staffing in Nursing Homes: How much is enough? with Dr. Laura Wagner of the University of California
- Off-Ramps on Our Way to the Eldercare Disaster with Dr. Joanne Lynn who works half-time with Representative Tom Suozzi, a Health & Aging Policy Fellow, and consults with long-term care reform endeavors nationwide
- Panel: Response to the Newly Released National Imperative to Improve NH Quality
Learn More at